Workplace Plus is an innovative, four-level, standards-based English course which readies adults for self-sufficiency in the three principal areas of living: the workplace, the community, and the home. Workplace Plus fully integrates the CASAS lifeskill competencies.
Workplace Plus, an innovative four-level standards-based English course, readies adults for self-sufficiency in the three principal areas of their lives: the workplace, the community, and the home. Workplace Plus integrates the CASAS life skill competencies and SCANS Competencies and Foundation Skills with a complete language syllabus and relevant and practical social language. Now with a Grammar Booster that provides extra practice beyond each lesson.
• Rigorously builds awareness of key civics concepts essential to the American community.
• Teaches math concepts and practical math skills to build confidence in everyday activities.
• Offers purposeful collaborative projects to ready students for teamwork outside of class.
• Contains an expanded listening comprehension program to prepare students to understand authentic spoken speech.
• Prepares students well for the workforce and VESOL Workplace readiness.
• Job Packs (Levels 1 and 2) build on the language and skills developed in each unit to extend learners’ competencies to a specific career field.
Workplace Plus is correlated to the following national standards: SCANS Competencies and Foundation Skills, CASAS Life Skill Competencies, and EFF Content Standards.